Hearty home-cooked meals in 15 minutes or less...
(NC) Everyone loves good homemade meals, but most of us don't have
time to prepare them. Take the stress out of meal preparation with a
flip of a switch — whether you're cooking for one or five, slow cookers
are a great way to save time and deliver delicious comfort food.
the right recipe, slow cookers do most of the work for you and require
minimal clean up and prep time. Opt for one where the raw meat can be
placed directly into the slow cooker. For the best flavour, choose a
high-quality pork that has been humanely raised and without antibiotics,
This boneless pork shoulder roast slow cooker
recipe can be prepped in less than 15 minutes and will have you coming
home to a delightful meal at the end of the day. Try serving with rice
and broccoli for a full meal, or on a bun for a quick and easy pulled
Pork Shoulder Boneless Roast with Asian Caramel
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
• 1 (1kg) pork shoulder roast
• 2 tbsp (30mL) minced ginger
• 2 tbsp (30mL) minced garlic
• 1/2 cup (125mL) brown sugar
• 1/2 cup (125mL) oyster sauce
• 1/2 tsp (1mL) cayenne pepper
• 1/2 cup (125mL) water or Shaoxing wine
• 1 tbsp (125mL) Chinese 5 spice powder
• 2 tbsp (30mL) soy sauce
• 1 cup (250mL) chicken broth, vegetable broth or water
1. Slice pork in half and set in slow cooker insert.
2. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over pork.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Cook time may vary depending on the power of your slow cooker.
4. Remove pork and shred using two forks to remove excess fat. Top with remaining sauce and serve.
Find more recipes online at dubreton.com/