Good Cooking since 1995
Convert the recipe
Cacciatora in Italian means Hunter Style, This style is popular throughout Italy.
Amount/Measure/Ingredient:1 chicken breast boned and skinless, about 5-6 ounces
¼ cup flour
pinch salt, 1/8 tsp.
pinch white pepper, 1/8 tsp.
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup onion, medium dice, 1/2 x 1/2 inch
2 ounces dry white wine, chardonnay
2 ounces chicken stock
½ cup mushrooms, sliced thin
½ cup tomato concasse
1 teaspoon garlic cloves, minced
2 leaves basil, chiffonade
pinch oregano, dry, 1/16 tsp.
1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
1 tsp. salt
½ teaspoon sugar
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper,
1. Clean and wash the breast, paper towel dry.
2. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper and dredge it in the flour.
3. Sauté the chicken in the olive oil until it is lightly browned. Start on what was the skin side first. (About 5 minutes total, it won't be cooked through) Remove and reserve it on a clean plate covered with plastic wrap to keep it warm.
4. Sauté the onion and mushrooms in the same oil.
5. Deglaze the pan with the wine, then add the stock and reduce the liquid buy 1/2 of the quantity you added.
6. Add the tomato concasse, garlic, oregano, sugar and salt and pepper to taste; stir the mixture well, then add the chicken breast and baste it with the sauce---return to a simmer.
7. Cover and braise until the chicken is done. about 8 minutes, don't boil---just simmer.
8. Plate the chicken, stir in the basil and parsley, then coat the chicken with the sauce.