Good Cooking since 1995
Convert the recipe
Works in most Browsers
Cacciatora in Italian means Hunter Style, This style is popular throughout Italy.
description: This classic preparation has great flavor and comfort food appeal. It is rich, thick and creamy! Make it in the true Italian style and use fresh Porcini Mushrooms. Serving size: 1
Preparation time: about 20 minutes
Amount/Measure/Ingredient:1 chicken breast boned and skinless, about 5-6 ounces
1. Clean and wash the breast, paper towel dry.
2. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper and dredge it in the flour.
3. Sauté the chicken in the olive oil until it is lightly browned. Start on what was the skin side first. (About 5 minutes total, it won't be cooked through) Remove and reserve it on a clean plate covered with plastic wrap to keep it warm.
4. Sauté the onion and mushrooms in the same oil.
5. Deglaze the pan with the wine, then add the stock and reduce the liquid buy 1/2 of the quantity you added.
6. Add the tomato concasse, garlic, oregano, sugar and salt and pepper to taste; stir the mixture well, then add the chicken breast and baste it with the sauce---return to a simmer.
7. Cover and braise until the chicken is done. about 8 minutes, don't boil---just simmer.
8. Plate the chicken, stir in the basil and parsley, then coat the chicken with the sauce.